Your cart is currently empty!
Fridge Cleaning Tips
The refrigerator can be one of those daunting household tasks that we sometimes neglect because we just don’t think it’s easy enough. Today we’re going to share exactly how to clean the fridge so it no longer seems overwhelming.
Don’t remove everything all at once. That’s one of the biggest things people think they have to do in order to clean out the fridge. You can simply use a natural cleaner to remove stuck on food, spills and debris.
Using a cloth (I don’t use microfiber because it tends to trap hairs and gunk inside the fabric) dab some white vinegar on the rag and wipe down the interior surface of the refrigerator. You can dilute with hot water if you think it’s too strong. I sometimes use straight up but I also like to dip my cloths in hot water to loosen any hard to remove splatters.
How To Clean Fridge Quick and Easy
Do this daily until your fridge isn’t cluttered anymore:
- open the fridge often to just look in there and visualize what can be immediately tossed
- observe the condiments and shift them to an area where they are all bundled together. these clear bins are awesome if you don’t have much space on the side door
- ditch anything that hasn’t been used in 6 months and toss expired foods
- organize the drinks to one area of the fridge and leave the exposed side open to quickly wipe down
Now in order to maintain a clutter free fridge you must be mindful each and everyday. Here’s some helpful ways to keep it from getting ‘TOO MUCH’ :
- Only buy what you absolutely need. We’re often at the grocery store so there’s really no need to hoard anything. This just makes things overwhelming and we want to prevent that and keep it minimal
- Use leftovers within a day or two
- Toss things you know you’re not going to eat or use. Don’t just save for another day
- Inspect the fridge daily and toss things one by one…a little goes a long way and forms a healthy habit of being mindful of less clutter within this space
- Avoid buying deals (BOGO) just because it’s on sale. This saves so much money overtime and prevents the other one from going bad. Only purchase if you know you’re going to use both within a timely fashion
- If a product is sitting in the fridge because you opened it and didn’t like it don’t save it, discard immediately
Avoid standing there for a long period of time and also don’t pull everything out at once. That’s not going to do anything but cause more stress. Rather than unloading the entire fridge take it in sections.
- Do one part at a time. So drawers one day and then top shelf the next, so on and so forth
- Sometimes all you need is hot water on a cloth to wipe even the toughest of food stains
- Or you can use a dab of Castile soap which will remove the stain pretty quickly. Simply squirt some on the stains, let sit for a moment then wipe with the hot wet cloth
- Invest in bins for the fridge to organize and quickly clean up spills
- Take a vacuum hose around the fridge at least weekly to prevent dust, food and debris. Also take the hose into the fridge and get those dry crumbs in the drawers, along the edges, etc.
- Quickly wipe the exterior with warm water and a cloth or dab some white vinegar on it
It’s not a daunting task when you pay attention to this one appliance more often. Think about how great it feels to have a clean, clutter free food space for you and your family.
Best Stainless Steel Cleaning Tips
Avoid placing magnets and taping things to the stainless steel refrigerators. They can be difficult to remove leaving the surface scratched, damaged. If you have to clean up gunk then use an oil based cleaner like GooGone. Not working? Try coconut oil. Simply rub in a circular motion with a soft microfiber cloth.
Do not use paper towels on stainless steel.
A simple damp warm cloth will do wonders for quick wiping up. For a more detailed clean use Weiman’s Stainless Steel Cleaner and Cloth. It’s essential not to spray cleaners directly on a surface. Instead spray on the cloth and wipe. Typically the Weimans cloth alone will do the trick. Just rub it out to polish. Here’s how to clean a stainless steel sink.
You can use white vinegar on stainless steel.
Less is more when house cleaning
Don’t overwhelm when doing specific tasks around your homes. Doing things intentionally will make the “chore” seem like a lifestyle rather than something you dislike. Remember products with chemicals in them tend to ruin surfaces quickly, so be mindful of what you’re cleaning with and generally speaking a damp cloth cleans up a lot.
2 responses to “Fridge Cleaning Tips”
Great blog post! I found these fridge cleaning tips really helpful. I’ll definitely be trying some of them out. Thanks for sharing!
Stay Blessed – Mel
Free Keto Diet Recipes – http://www.ketodietrecipes.co.ukLoading…